The University Council consists of nine members.
Functions of the Council
The function of the Council shall be to :
- Employ staff; (appoint Professors & Senior Staff; appoint the Vice-Chancellor & Deputy Vice-Chancellors; consider disciplinary matters for Principals, Deputy Vice-Chancellors & Vice-Chancellor).
- Approve the policies of the University;
- Approve the budget;
- Manage, supervise and administer the assets of the University in such a manner as best promotes the purpose for which the University is established;
- Determine the provisions to be made for capital and recurrent expenditure and for reserves of the University;
- Receive any grants, donations or endowments on behalf of the University and make legitimate disbursements therefrom;
- Enter into association, collaboration or linkages with other bodies or organizations within or outside Kenya as the University may consider desirable or appropriate and in furtherance of the purpose for which the University is established;
- Open a banking account or accounts for the funds of the Univesity;