About The Institute
The Institute of Postgraduate Studies is the academic office responsible for the admission, progression and examination of all postgraduate students in the University. The Institute is headed by a Director who also serves as Secretary to the Board of Postgraduate Studies. The Board plays a leading role in the approval of new postgraduate programmes, in setting regulations and governing the award of degrees.
The Director represents the graduate students on various fora in the University, including the Dean’s Committee, the Research Committee and the Senate. The Director is appointed by the University Management.
The Postgraduate programs include:
- Postgraduate certificates
- Postgraduate diplomas
- Higher-level degrees (Masters and Doctoral)
The functions of the Institute of Postgraduate Studies are to:
- Coordinate Postgraduate academic programs from schools and ensure rules and regulations relating to postgraduate studies are strictly adhered to.
- Coordinate the admission of postgraduate students, the conduct of postgraduate programs and recommend to Senate awards of postgraduate certificates, diplomas and degrees.
- Formulate and review of relevant policies and guidelines for the conduct of postgraduate studies in Kabarak University.
- Encourage the publication and dissemination of research findings and in conjunction with Directorate of Research ensure that patents and other intellectual property rights are secured where appropriate.
- Coordinate matters pertaining to the welfare of postgraduate students and ensure that a conducive environment exists for the conduct of their studies.
The goal of institute of postgraduate studies is to encourage both students and faculty in disciplinary research, teaching and service activities that adhere to Kabarak University mission, vision and philosophy. The main goal of the institute of postgraduate studies is to contribute to the knowledge base to serve the society in the fear of God.
To build globally competitive learning and Research community in biblical perspective.
Our mission is to provide holistic quality education and research support based on Christian moral values.
OUR CORE VALUES
The university offers the following degrees:
The university offers the following Masters degree programmes:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Education (Curriculum Studies)
- Master of Education (Guidance and Counseling)
- Master of Education ( Management and Leadership)
- Master of Science in Human Nutrition and Dietetics(MSC)
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science in Environmental Science