Kabarak University has three intakes in an Academic year for Self-Sponsored Programmes (SSP) and Short Courses
- September - Main intake for goverment sponsored students and all the other programmes.
- All certificates required for admission must be those recognized by Kabarak University Senate and the Commission for University Education (CUE).
- Applicants with KCSE C+ (plus) and diplomas from recognized universities and examiners such as KNEC or KASNEB are eligible for credit transfers in relevant subjects up to second year of study.
- Daytime, Evening and Weekend classes are offered for programs in Nakuru Town Campus.
- Ph.D Qualifications: Be a holder of a Master’s degree
- Masters Qualifications: First Degree Second Class Honours (Upper Division), or Lower Division with 2 years of work experience
- The minimum entry qualifications is C+ (plus) at KCSE and must meet specific program requirements.
- Those with A level qualifications must possess at least 2 principal passes and 1 subsidiary in relevant subjects
- The minimum requirement is C plain at KCSE and specific program qualifications.
- Those with A level qualifications must possess at least 1 principal pass and 2 subsidiary in relevant subjects or Kabarak University certificate in relevant field.