Goal of the Program
The goal of the economics and statistic science programme is to provide students with understanding of the theories, principles and analytical techniques in the economics and statistics disciplines. Students will also gain skills and knowledge in the key areas of probability and statistics, apply mathematical models or statistical models to theories and application of economic problems..
Minimum Admission Requirements
KCSE C+ with C (plain) in Mathematics; OR Credit Pass at Diploma level or equivalent qualifications in the related area of study
Expected Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this programme, graduates will be able to:
- Apply probability and statistical models to economics problem in biblical perspective.
- Create, edit and handle documentations in National or local government.
- Use skills acquired to offer consultancy services in area of research and development.
- Apply knowledge of Economics and statistics to solve financial/ statistical problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to summarize and communicate, orally and in writing, economics and statistical problems and the ability to communicate solutions to economic and statistical problems to specialized and non-specialized audiences