Kabarak University's School of Science Engineering and Technology (SSET), Department of Computer Science and IT is proud to announce an ongoing workshop focused on IoT (Internet of Things) and Robotics. This workshop aims to delve into the cutting-edge concepts and technologies in IoT all the while offering a hands-on and practical experience for the Participants.
The IoT and Robotics have revolutionized the way we interact with technology. An IoT and Robotics ecosystem comprises web-enabled smart devices that utilize embedded systems, including processors, sensors, and communication hardware. These devices collect, transmit, and act upon data acquired from their surroundings. The potential of IoT is limitless, and it holds the key to advancing the industrial internet, enhancing network agility, integrating artificial intelligence (AI), and enabling the deployment, automation, orchestration, and security of diverse use-cases at hyper-scale.
During the workshop, eminent professionals will deliver a series of lectures, which will cover key areas in the IoT and Robotics domain, including:
- Connecting sensors and actuators to an IoT framework.
- Receiving sensory information from IoT devices.
- Connect IoT devices to a local cloud.
- Sending commands from remote systems to IoT devices.
Participants will also receive comprehensive training on embedded C programming and the implementation of analog and digital peripherals. The training includes a practical component through hands-on labs and the opportunity to work in groups of two that will enable Participants to apply the concepts discussed during the lectures. Further, there will be training on some exciting IoT projects that will enhance the Participants’ practical experience of the workshop, including:
- Smart Agriculture for Sustainable Food Security using IoT.
- IoT-based Fire Alert System.
- IoT-based Early Flood Detection and Avoidance System.
- IoT-based Smart Waste Management System.
- IoT-based Smart Home Automation using NodeMCU.
- Smart Doorbell System using the IoT.
- IoT-based Car Parking Management System using IR Sensor.
- IoT-based Air Pollution Monitoring System.
This workshop is specifically designed for 4th-year students pursuing a BSc. in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications, and Forensics, in preparation for the complexities and opportunities that lie ahead in their respective fields.
SSET, Department of Computer Science in partnership with Teqworth Systems International has created an incredible opportunity to explore the future of IoT and Robotics and embrace the limitless potential of IoT in shaping our world. Kabarak University is at the forefront of technological innovation, don’t be left behind!